If you have never been to this part of California, you should go. It is beautiful! My Grandparents live in a small town called Arnold. It is surrounded by beautiful, tall evergreen trees, old mining towns and winerys (which are still in operation). I have been trying to get Roger up here for a while, "Honey, you'll love it, you are surrounded by evergreens, wild life, tons of camping & hiking, you'll never want to leave". That is exactly what happened. Roger is already planning our next trip.We didn't do much 4Th of July celebrations but we had a great time. We took my Grandparents to the Calaveras Big Trees State Park, which is about 4 miles from there house. Those trees are incredible! My Grandpa was loving it. He is blind and doesn't get out as much as he would like. I think I was loving it just as much. I was in nature with family on a beautiful day. There isn't much better than that.
Not only are these redwoods gigantic, but there is so much history to go along with them. When this tree behind us was cut down and finally fell back in the mid 1800's. There was so much force that the imigrants living in the area thought it was an earthquake, and it blew out the windows in a near by lodge.
Did Roger shrink, or is this just a really big tree.

5 comments:
Aww that looks like so much fun! Hope you guys had a good time.We need to hang out before school starts again =)
That is awesome!
I bet your Grandpa and Grandma had a great time. It is good you took time to visit them.
We want UPDATES!! :)
Hello! I googled your name just to see if maybe you had a blog...and look what I found! It's Jamie by the way. I'm glad I have a way now to spy on you. :-)
Post a Comment