
After begging & pleading, Roger got his fish tank. I'm thinking it's more of an aquarium. Either way he is a happy guy. The only thing he wanted to change was the color of the base. So, he took off his "white collar" shirt & went to work.

It had a really thick polyurethane coat that needed to come off before he could do anything. He tried sanding it off first, but that wasn't working, so he called my Dad. He suggested striping it
then sanding it.

After about a day & a half, Roger was able to get the whole base stripped and sanded. He was so excited & proud of himself.
(I was pretty impressed myself. Who would of thought an insurance guy could do something like this)
He has a few more steps of staining, light sanding & then staining it again. But it is going to look good. I'm sure we'll put pictures of the finished project up
(hopefully sooner than later)FYI: the tank is, I think, 125 gallons
4 comments:
seriously??? 125 gallons... reminds me of a dentist office =)
that thing is going to be a mother to clean too! good luck
Men and their fish. I only let Stew have a small fish bowl with one beta fish, but now he is over it. Good luck with your 125 gallon. Looks like Roger is doing a great job. Is it going to be fresh or salt water?
Fun! That should be cool! We will have to come over and see it =)
I would be very nervous putting 125 gallons of water on top of something Roger has touched! You're a brave woman :)
Post a Comment